(A) Amitabh Bachhan
(B) Shah Rukh Khan
(C) Om Puri
(D) Amir Khan
2. Williams Sisters won the U.S. Open Women’s Doubles Title 2009 after defeating in the final?
(A) Leizal Herber and Cara Blank
(B) Kim Clijsters and Anna Kournikova
(C) Coroline Wozniacki and Dinara Safina
(D) Nathalie Deshy and Sania Mirza
3. Which one of the following is a military alliance?
4. The recipient of the 42nd Jan Peeth Award is?
(A) Manohar Shastri
(B) Harish Pandya
(C) Satya Vrat Shastri
(D) K. Kamal Kumar
5. World Development Report is an annual publication of?
(D) World Bank
6. Which one of the following is correct?
(A) Jeev Milkha Singh —Tennis
(B)Jhulan Goswami —Cricket
(C)Baichung Bhutia —Hockey
(D) Pankaj Advani —Badminton
7. Which one of the following industrialists was declared ‘The Business Person of the year 2008’ by the Times of India Survey?
(A) Anil Ambani
(B) Rahul Bajaj
(C) Ratan Tata
(D) Gautam Adani
8. Naina Devi peak forms a part of?
(A) Himalayan range located in Sikkim
(B) Himalayan range located in Kumaon region
(C) Himalayan range located in Nepal
(D) Himalayan range located in Jammu & Kashmir
9. The aim of the ISRO’s OCEANSAT-2 satellite is?
(A) To provide ocean scientists knowledge about mineral resources under the sea
(B) To aid fishermen in identifying fishing zones
(C) To aid weathermen to fore cast cyclones and weather conditions
(D) All the above
10. Who amongst the following is not the recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?
(A) Vijendra Singh
(B) Sushil Kumar
(C) M. C. Marykom
(D) Abhinav Bindra
11. Nilgiri, Himgiri and Beas are?
(A) Aircraft Carrier ships
(C) Nuclear submarines
(D) Oil tankers of ONGC
12. The age of a free can be calculated by?
(A) Number of branches
(B) Its height
(C) Girth of its trunk
(D) Number of its annual rings
13. Which one of the statements below explains the external economies of scale?
(A) Starting a computer firm in a Techno Park to avail the expertise
(B) Expanding firms employing specialist accountants, lawyers and managers
(C) A manufacturer spreading the research and development cost over the output
(D) A major supermarket gaining bulk discounts on direct purchase
14. Which one of the following types of unemployment is common in agriculture?
15. A rolling plan refers to a plan which?
(A) Does not change its targets every year
(B) Changes its allocations every year
(C) Changes its allocations and targets every year
(D) Changes only its targets every year
16. An instrument of qualitative credit control in India is
(A) Open market operations
(B) Credit rationing
(C) Change in reserve ratio
(D) Bank rate policy
17. Laisss-faire is a feature of?
(D)) Mixed Economy
18. Which one of the following is not a source of the tax revenue in
(A) Land Revenue
(B) Motor Vehicle Tax
(C) Entertainment Tax
(D) Corporate Tax
19. CSO has changed its base year for National Income estimation.
The new base year is?
20. Which is the biggest enterprise of the Government of India?
(A) Postal and Telegraph
21. In which type of competition does Marginal Revenue Curve coincide with Average Revenue Curve?.
(B) Imperfect Competition
(C) Perfect Competition
(D) Monopolistic Competition
22. According to J. A. Schumpeter, entrepreneurs are entitled to enjoy the profit for their
(B) Risk taking
(C) Risk averting
(D) Hard work
23. Demonstration effect means
(A) Effect of advertisement
(B) Imitating effect of consumption
(C) Effect of entertainment
(D) Effect of an experiment
24. Homogeneous product is a feature of?
(A) Imperfect market
(D) Perfect market
25. Which part of the Indian Constitution declares the Ideals of Welfare State?
(A) Fundamental Rights
(B) Fundamental Duties
(D) Directive Principles of State Policy